About Massage Therapy
We believe that it is easier for you to keep well than to constantly make repairs.
Experts believe that stress and tension accounts for nearly 90% of disease. This is where Massage has been proven beneficial by:
- Assisting the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulating the lymph system, the immune system.
- Relaxing and softening injured and overused muscles.
- Reducing spasms and cramping.
- Reducing recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminating subsequent pains.
- Releasing endorphins, the body's painkiller, and relieving pain for migraine sufferers.
- Improving range of motion and decreasing discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Stretching for atrophied muscles and of the muscles with restricted range of motion.
- Helping to shorten labor and improve overall comfort for expectant mothers.
Massage therapy also reduces anxiety, and can help with depressions.
People report fewer fatigue-related symptoms and less pain and difficulty sleeping.
Common Massage Misconceptions:
Massages hurt - Massages should NOT hurt. There can be times during very specific types of massage (examples: Scar tissue release, deep connective tissue release, and increasing range of motion in an immobile joint) when massage can become tender to the touch, (similar to a bruise) or can become uncomfortable but should never be very painful (at most 6 out of 10 on your pain scale) and should only be temporary.
Massages are a luxury - Massages should be a part of your regular health regimen just as exercising, proper nutrition, and chiropractic care are. It helps to keep your muscles in working order, and your immune system strong both are vital in living a healthy lifestyle.
I have sensitive skin so I can’t get a massage - I too have very sensitive skin so I use all hypo-allergenic oils and lotions. If you are still unsure we have other options such as using corn starch, baby powder, or none at all and perform the massage right through your clothing.
Do you have a painful condition or just want to relax and stay healthy?
Call me today. (855) 536-9255